DIY: Yarn Letters
Cardboard (or purchase block letters)
Tape or Hot Glue
How To Make Yarn-Wrapped Letters:
1. Print letters out on standard printer paper (I used AR Essence, font size 750). Cut out the letters.
2. Trace letter on to cardboard. Cut out each cardboard letter using a box cutter or pair of scissors.
3. Cut a small slit in the cardboard letter where you would like to begin wrapping.
4. Insert the end of yarn into the slit, then tape or glue the yarn end to the back of the letter. This will help keep the yarn in place better.
5. Wrap yarn around the letter in the same direction.
6. When you reach corners, start wrapping yarn in the opposite direction to cover the remainder of the letter. Hot glue, tie, or tape any loose ends to the back.
7. Attach letter to the wall with a command hook, picture hanger, or hot glue a 6" piece of yarn to the back of the letter, then hang from a nail.