Cardboard (or purchase block letters)
Tape or Hot Glue
How To Make Yarn-Wrapped Letters:
1. Print letters out on standard printer paper (I used AR Essence, font size 750). Cut out the letters.
2. Trace letter on to cardboard. Cut out each cardboard letter using a box cutter or pair of scissors.
3. Cut a small slit in the cardboard letter where you would like to begin wrapping.
4. Insert the end of yarn into the slit, then tape or glue the yarn end to the back of the letter. This will help keep the yarn in place better.
5. Wrap yarn around the letter in the same direction.
6. When you reach corners, start wrapping yarn in the opposite direction to cover the remainder of the letter. Hot glue, tie, or tape any loose ends to the back.
7. Attach letter to the wall with a command hook, picture hanger, or hot glue a 6" piece of yarn to the back of the letter, then hang from a nail.
MATERIALSRing findings I use the adjustable sort with a perforated disc or screen, used to make beaded rings, found at bead supply shops.
Embroidery thread or dental floss
A selection of buttons Flat or sew-through buttons work best, but you can also use small shank buttons.
DIRECTIONS1. Choose your button(s).
If you want to stack your buttons, you can sew them together before attaching them to the finding. Sew through them once or twice and tie a firm knot on the underside. I used a mixture of vintage and new buttons.
2. Sew your button(s) to the finding.
Sew right up through all the button layers if possible, lining up the holes as you go. If you can’t sew through the buttons, just sew the disc to the buttons by passing the needle through the knot on the underside. Sew them on firmly, and tie off your threads at the back or weave them back in under the disc to hide the ends.
3. Slip on your ring.
Show off your bling! When you get bored with the buttons, you can just snip them off the disc, return them to your stash, and make some new rings.
This blog was found off Craft: Transforming traditional crafts, so if you want more crafting ideas click the link below and you will find lots of creative ideas.